Taglib URI reference problems in WP7


In WP7 , taglib description files (.tld) files are not available under the wps.ear/wps.war/WEB-INF/tld. (I couldn’t find them anywhere directly under installed location).

<%@ taglib uri="http://www.ibm.com/xmlns/prod/websphere/portal/v7.0/portal-fmt" prefix="portal-fmt" %>
<%@ taglib uri="http://www.ibm.com/xmlns/prod/websphere/portal/v7.0/portal-core" prefix="portal-core" %>

Faced problem with the WP7 taglib uri references when I was developing the Custom Theme ,but to overcome this problem I have exported the existing theme as war using the EARExpander tool and imported into RAD and updated the custom code and deployed that WAR file. It resolved the taglib references problem.

But actual solution to resolve the taglib references problem in the WP7 is to copy  the empty decorations.xml file under the WEB-INF folder of web application(custom theme).This will make sure to get the all tagLib references at runtime.

Note : You can find more updated information at this link

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I'm in your same situation, I need the tag libraries because RAD8 always shows me an error, even if I have created /WEB-INF/decorations.xml

    Can you tell me the exact options and path where I should run EARExpander, and on which EAR?
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete