MySQL Installation

As part of testing spring portlet application locally,  I had to install MySQL in my local workstation and captured the following details while installation.

1.      Download MySQL community server for your operating system ( these screens are captured based on Windows 7 64-bit )




2.      Click on “download” to download “mysql-installer-community-5.5.29.0” (this version is when I downloaded)

3.      Once download is finished , Run installer.





4.      Choose installation type “Full”


It asked me to install the Visual Studio 2010 tools for office runtime.




5.      I have chosen  “Development Machine” option and default TCP/IP enabled



6.      Specify the MySQL Root password



7.      And I have added admin user (in addition to root, this step is not mandatory)




8.      Select to “run as the windows service”



9.      Specify log file location






No comments:

Post a Comment